Applications tested on our LRI thrust bearing/pin-on-disc tribometers
- Characterizing friction of windshield wiper blades oscillating on glass with water.
- Wear tests of artificial human joint materials in saline solutions and bovine serum.
- Noise associated with aluminum cans sliding on alternate conveyor materials.
- Erosion of metal components in sand/water slurry
- Duplication of bus transmission thrust bearing failure and evaluation of alternate solutions.
- Wear evaluation of alternate conveyor belt support materials.
- Automated PV limit tests of plastic materials with computer-controlled load or speed steps.
- Post failure analysis of non-lubricated compressor piston ring failures.
- Wear characteristics and life of thin-film coatings.
- Wear/galling tests of hard coatings at applied loads to 25,000 lb.
- Effect of additives in jet fuel on wear of pump components.
- Effect of gas environment on wear of non-lubricated plastic-metal pairs - including natural gas and nitrogen compared with air.
- Comparative life of sprayed dry film lubricant applications.
- Effect of transfer wear layer on wear of acetals.